About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my fitness journey. Stats: 5'5" 202lbs 40% body fat. Goals: 5'8" (that can happen right?) 160lbs 25% body fat in May 2011.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Beginning

I decided I wanted to blog about this whole fitness process. In 2 weeks, I go for my first measurements (other than the first day I started, of course), and I am incredibly nervous. What if these six weeks don't add up to numerical results? And how do I stay motivated by things that aren't purely numerical in nature? I'm thrilled at the changes I have felt, most especially the fact that I can get up the damn stairs without dying, but I'm not seeing results yet, if you know what I mean.

I'm stoked to see the photos Nathaniel Morrissey did for me (you can see his incredible work here) and if he allows me, I might share some on here, but I'm also secretly very scared of what I might see. I am outwardly pretty confident and secure in myself, but with all this hard work, I am spending more time getting to know my body better. Which, unfortunately, is including a lot of self-judgment right now.

I am so grateful for everyone's support throughout this first month and I hope you all will stick with me as I continue this process. The title of the blog is "Fitting In" because I'm working on my fitness (Fergie-style), but I really need a new title, so please help!

With love and gym-sweat,
Tonya ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment