About Me

My photo
This is a blog about my fitness journey. Stats: 5'5" 202lbs 40% body fat. Goals: 5'8" (that can happen right?) 160lbs 25% body fat in May 2011.

Friday, October 8, 2010

SRSLY?!

As I'm driving to work this morning, I was listening to my favorite radio station (instead of my usual get pumped fare of either Eminem or Weezer - don't ask!) and the DJs were discussing how weight affects a person's salary.

According to them, women can earn up to $15,000 more PER YEAR by being 15 pounds UNDERWEIGHT.

SCCCCUUUUUUSE ME?!

I can understand how and why men and women who are overweight may earn less - more sick days, even the "aesthetic" reasons often found in restaurants and other service industries. But UNDERWEIGHT?

And then, the DJ responds to this "fact" by stating "You can make 15k more a year by not being a wildebeest."

First off, Mr DJ, Sir, you're an idiot. Wildebeests might not be the cutest animal out there, but they're certainly not the fattest, so I have a problem with your analogy.

Secondly, you're an *sshole. A big one. Huge. And stinky. Being 15 pounds UNDERWEIGHT is not necessarily any healthier or more attractive than being 15 pounds overweight. As a matter of fact, it may indeed indicate that a person is very unhealthy, considering the weight standards that create "under/ideal/over weight" categories.

Any one else have a rant for the day? Share your anger with me people!

No comments:

Post a Comment